Friday, February 11, 2011

Obstacles oh my!

Topic: Obstacles

Man oh man! Being sick knocked me off my feet for several days.  So now I gotta get caught up!

First some reflection. I don’t know about you but for me it seems as if I am doing well then something come along to sidetrack me. I was going strong for two weeks. I was in the gym,  making better food choices and feeling really great! Then mother nature came along, snow and ice.  It slowed me down but I kept going. Then I got sick. I have been sick for about ten days. No gym, eating okay not the best, not the worse.  I am still slightly wheezing and congested. I am not contagious,  thanks to the good pharmaceuticals that my doc gave me. I see these incidents as a test. A test to see if I am ready to love me to the fullest. To help my heart work well,  ease the silent pressure on my joints that will eventually groan loudly. 

So I FINALLY met with the nurse at the gym. I got weighed in, my body fat was calculated, my hydration level was recorded, and my biometrics (body inches) were measured. Then if that wasn’t traumatic enough, I took before pictures, because there will be new and improved after pictures. My next appointment with the nurse is for the second week in May. This is a really important step for me because I cannot be focused only on the scale. I need to have measurements taken so that I can have a point of reference other that weight.
 I signed up for the biggest winner at my gym. It is a way to motivate members to join more classes, earn fit bucks and focus on weight and INCHES lost!! I’ll keep you in the loop on how that goes. 

I meet with the trainer for my program on Sunday at 2:00pm to get my program. She advised me that she is designing a program that relies heavily on my body weight. (Has she seen me that’s a lot of weight, sheesh)
I inventoried my pantry and cleaned my fridge to understand what is in my home and what I am putting in my body. Not too bad. I didn’t have too many snacks.  A couple of boxes of cookies were the worse. It  will also help me to meal plan. Balanced thinking, mind,  body and belly J.

Being sick and on steroids, lord is hard work. My appetite is seriously open.  I KNOW I am not hungry but that doesn’t stop me from putting something in my mouth. I have managed to maintained my water intake and walk away from the chocolate on my co-workers desk. HARD WORK!!! I have indulged and paid the price for fried calamari, potato skins and a bahama breeze.

Eating out is where I have to really think about what I am doing. Two very painful episodes. I mean belly aching, not sleeping well and heavy bloated feeling. Poor body, I could hear it laughing at me, “Since  you are not listening then you are going to feel, I DON’T LIKE THAT STUFF!”

What has really helped me during this stupid infection is having soups in the freezer, fruits and veggies on hand, before I got sick.

I found a website that helps me to meal plan and tells me what I need to have to make those meals! I’m in love.

These are the numbers I choose to share.
Body Fat 42.2%
Hydration level 45.6%

Pictures, maybe...

Obstacles are part of life. I cannot allow them to control my destiny! I am going to change the things that can and not worry about the things I cannot. 

My passion for a healthier me is still strong and I am still drinking my water. I look forward to returning to the gym tomorrow.

Passion check; water check!!

~Shantelle




2 comments: