Saturday, February 5, 2011

Being sick blows!

Hi all. 

I am not feeling well. Body aching, sneezing, ears are aching, eyes running, congestion, scratchy throat. 

I refuse to use not feeling well as an excuse to eat badly. I will admit that it is so much easier to not think about what I put in my mouth as I struggle to breathe and my body aches.

However, if I succumb to not being conscious about my food choices then every  bad day, my monthly aunt that comes to visit, a special occasion and all of the rest of life's activities can be utilized as an excuse not to take care of myself. 

I have not made it to the gym one day this week but I have been conscious about  what I have been putting in my mouth. I even looked for sugar free over the counter medication so that I wouldn't take in extra useless calories. I have also noticed that I have more of an appetite than normal. So I have been eating more. More fruits, more lean protein. I have had a couple of cookies but not to the point of excess. I do believe that  your body needs more rest and more food when it is fighting germs.

This journey is all about choices. There is always a choice.

Stay healthy all. Being sick blows!

Water check; passion check!

~Shantelle

No comments:

Post a Comment