Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's all about me

Today's topic: Me time.


New water bottle check, new lunch bag check, return to the gym check!!

I REALLY like my gym. It is a state of the art facility. In my absence, they have added new machines and a spa. That is in addition to the sauna and the  steam room not to mention swimming pools. They have several classes every day. Now I remember why I joined.


 It seemed like the new years resolutions have worn off, which is exactly why I didn’t make one. I did some cardio for an hour. It felt really good.

I have an appointment with a personal trainer tomorrow. I want to be lean and limber. I have no arches in my feet. As a result I cannot do any high impact exercises. Intense walking, running, step classes are all a no-no. Ideally swimming is perfect for me. So the goal for 2011 is to learn to swim to keep me going on the days I am not interested in being on a machine.  

What I really miss about going to the gym is the me time. My phone doesn’t work in the gym. So I go in watch a show or two or enjoy some great music. No conversations, no texts, no email. It's almost like a micro  getaway. I even sweat! When I am done I return to my “life”. Work, home, and errands.  

One of the reasons that I decided to embark on this journey is because I want to be prepared for opportunities that present itself. I don’t want to think twice about flying because I may be too large. I don’t want to not go to a function because the dress doesn’t fit right. I don’t want that an opportunity passes me by because it couldn’t “find” me. This is my motivation to go to the gym and remember that it's all about me!


~Shantelle

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love it! You are already SPEAKING like a different person. This is going to be a great journey and I look forward to "rollin witchu"...Keep up the positivity and good work!

    ReplyDelete